click on a question to see the answer
HOW DO I GET MY RACE NUMBER?
- Entries keyed online during the EARLY ENTRY PERIOD (until 31st July, 2013) will have the option of; collecting their race numbers from the EVENT EXPO, or having their race numbers returned by Aust Post at no additional charge
- Entries keyed online during the STANDARD ENTRY PERIOD (1st August – 1st September) will have the option of; collecting their race numbers from the EVENT EXPO, or having their race numbers returned by Aust Post at the additional cost of $5 per User Account/per payment
- Entries keyed online during the LATE FEE PERIOD (2nd September – 9th September) will have to collect their race numbers from the EVENT EXPO
- Hard Copy postal entries received before 1st September, will have the option of; collecting their race numbers from the EVENT EXPO, or having their race numbers returned by Aust Post (at no additional charge until 31st July) a cost of $5 applies per User payment from 1st August.
- Hard Copy in-person entries received during the LATE FEE PERIOD will receive their race numbers immediately
HOW DO I CHANGE MY RACE NUMBER?
If you need to change your race number (different distance, walk to run, etc) this can ONLY be done at the EVENT EXPO. Please bring the number you were issued with, to allow us to swap it over. This change can be done on your behalf by an agent – ensure they bring your original race number.
DO I PAY FOR MY CHILDREN?
All children, except those in a pram, who walk or run in the event must be officially entered (and appropriate fee paid)
Children in prams can accompany an adult without completing an entry form or incurring an entry fee – they are not officially entered in the event, and will not receive a race number or a time.
Children are not able to ride bikes or scooters, wear skates, etc.
DO CARERS HAVE TO PAY?
Complimentary entry will be provided to carers for wheelchair entrants. The carer will need to complete an official entry and will receive an official race.
WHAT IF I WANT TO GET DRESSED UP?
There are prizes for 'best fun dressed-up individuals and groups'. Individual winners receive a $100 voucher and each member of the best 'fun dressed-up group' will receive a $50 voucher. Parade and presentation are at the Colley Reserve stage at 11.00am.
If you or your group will be incorporating additional objects in your 'theme' such as wheel barrows, beds, etc please click here for the additional objects policy.
IS THERE A TEAM FEE?
There is no 'Team Fee', everyone pays the appropriate individual fee.
DO TEAM MEMBERS ALL HAVE TO DO THE SAME EVENT?
As a team, your members don't need to participate in the same event category. Members will be considered part of your team regardless of whether some walk or run, do the 12k, 6k or 3k.
CAN OUR TEAM BRING/WEAR PROMOTIONAL ITEMS?
Yes, as long as;
Groups do not promote their sponsors in conflict with any City-Bay Fun Run sponsors. Eg: you can wear a T-Shirt with your sponsor's name on it but you cannot hold up placards, signs or any other form of promotion during our event.
Promotion in brochures, posters, through the media or any other form of promotion must be submitted for approval to the Event Manager before it is released to the public or supporters.
There can be no sales of products, food or beverages during the event.
CAN I ADD/AMEND MY TEAM/GROUP NAME?
If you entered online and have not yet paid for yourself or other team members then you can return via My Account to add/amend this detail through “List Competitors”
Once your entry has been paid for, changes to your team or group name can not be made
WHY DO I HAVE TO GIVE MY BIRTHDATE?
Certificate of Merits are awarded to age group winners, you may think it unlikely that you may win one but you never know. It is also important for statistics - you will be classified as a 99yr old if you do not supply your birthdate.
I AM A WHEELCHAIR PARTICIPANT WHO WOULD LIKE TO BRING ALONG A CARER FOR ASSISTANCE.
Each wheelchair participant is entitled to a complimentary ‘carer' entry.
CAN I BRING MY PET TO THE RACE?
Unfortunately, pets are not allowed at the Sunday Mail City-Bay Fun Run. This does not apply however to guide dogs, which are most welcome.